BetOnline actually threatened to ruin their relationship with customers in 2011 when it was revealed they were lying about what poker network they were on and not paying out to winners. However, their reputation seems to have been restored since and it is one of the best options for US-based players.
The casino currently holds a gambling license from Panama but it is known to have very little control with their regulations. You should be aware that they don’t regularly audit its licensees and they will only investigate them if there is suspected money laundering activity. Also, a license from Panama does not guarantee fair software or reasonable payout times.
The main software provider for BetOnline is Betsoft but there is also a helping hand from Rival Gaming. These two have many years’ experience in the gaming world and Betsoft actually guarantees the fairness of their games directly so, really, there is no need to worry much about that license from Panama. Betsoft regularly posts the TST report and certification by the Alderney Gaming Commission.
With a site that has been around since 1991, you’d expect BetOnline to be one of the best online casinos catered for the US market. Well, there is a great selection of games that players will find entertaining and the number of bonuses on offer borderlines ridiculous. Not only this, but there’s plenty of help from the customer support team which is available 24/7 should you ever run into trouble.
Players may be wary of the license from Panama but they are rescued somewhat by the regular testing that Betsoft complete independently, plus the sheer reputation that the casino has forged is commendable. One main problem though has to be the charges that are placed on deposits and withdrawals. This is a huge issue and BetOnline will only be classed as one of the best in the world if they manage to rectify this in the near future.
Betonline Casino Site: First Impressions
When you first arrive on to the site, you will notice modern, slick graphics that stand out on top of a white background. Even though it’s pretty minimalistic, it works well without too much information clogging the screen, but you can also tell that effort has been made at the same time. You won’t see anything unique here, but BetOnline succeeds in making a home page that is visually appealing.
All the usual game categories are displayed at the top of the screen and underneath you will find the welcome banner advertised. As you scroll down, you will notice a selection of around 15 games all neatly laid out before hitting the bottom of the page where you can find About Us, Contact Us, Terms and Conditions etc. A small and modern home page which is just the way we like it.
Players will have the option to either play the casino through their browser or download the software on to their device. The easiest way is probably through your browser as it saves all the hassle and can be done simply by typing the name of the casino into your address bar. You can also play the casino through handheld devices that support Android, iOS or Windows, if you wish.
Betonline.ag Registration Process
- Click on the Join button on the top-right hand corner of the home page.
- Fill in your personal details and choose a password for your account.
- By completing this form you agree to the terms and conditions.
- Congratulations! You are now free to play at BetOnline!
Restricted Territories: Ukraine, Montenegro, Malta, Morocco, Egypt, Pakistan, Indonesia, Ghana, Nigeria, Macedonia, Panama.
Overall, BetOnline has managed to create a site that isn’t unique in the slightest but still looks pretty decent. The graphics are crisp and everything you need is located on the home page, even though it isn’t big at all. Players will be able to navigate to where they want to be within seconds due to the neat layout of the site. Sometimes less is more, and this casino manages to pull it off expertly.
100% Casino Welcome Bonus
Receive a 100% welcome bonus on your first three deposits when you sign up to BetOnline. Simply use the promo codes provided and as long as you deposit between $25 and $1,000, the casino will double it. Please note that there is a wagering requirement of 40x before you can withdraw any winnings to your account and if the bonus isn’t used within 30 days then it will expire from your account.
- 100% Video Poker Bonus: Use code 100VIDPOK when you deposit between $50 and $100 and the casino will match it 100%. The bonus is subject to a 50x playthrough requirement before any winnings can be withdrawn. If it isn’t met within 30 days then your bonus will be withdrawn.
- Live Casino weekly challenge: Head over to the blackjack and roulette tables to take part in the $1,800 challenge. For every $10 you play, you will earn a point. The more points you earn, the higher you will rank on the leaderboard. If you finish in the top-3 then you will win a piece of the prize pool.
- 20% Casino Rebate: Send your losses to the casino at the end of every month and receive a 20% rebate up to $10,000. The minimum loss for a rebate is $100 and you will receive a slot bonus free of charge.
- $2,500 Blackjack Boss: Get your hands on the $2,500 prize pool every Thursday. Simply play at least 50 hands and bet at least $1,000 in total at their 6-Deck $100 max bet multi-hand blackjack tables and if you finish in the top 10, you will receive prize money.
- $25 Risk-free live casino bet: Make your first bet in the live casino of $25 and if you lose, the casino will give you the $25 back in free play. To claim the bonus, you must make a single wager of $25.
- High Roller Bonus: Send a decent amount of action towards the casino and you can earn up to $200 with no rollover every month. If you bet $75,000 then you can get $20 worth of free spins, and it goes all the way up to $1,000,000 where you will receive $200 of free spins. Any active spins will expire within one month.
- Refer-a-friend: Earn 200% up to $200 free play for each friend you send to the casino. There are no limits to how many you can refer. They need to make a minimum deposit of $25 and they’ll match it.
Available Casino Games at Betonline
There are over 200 games that players can choose from at BetOnline, all ranging from slots, table games, video poker, and specialty games. As you can probably guess, slots feature the most on the site and there are popular hits here such as Mr Vegas, Goblin’s Gold and Sin City Nights.
Players are able to select titles from a range of categories including Most Played and New to making selecting a little bit easier. There is even a description of each game which is a nice little feature not usually seen at casinos. If you fancy a break from all the slot games, then why not try some of the table games on offer such as blackjack, pontoon, roulette, craps, and poker.
Using your log-in details, you will be able to access the casino on any hand-held device that supports Android, iOS and Windows. Players can choose whether to download the software directly to your device or use the browser to play games.
The latter is probably the easiest way as all you need to do it type the name of the casino in your address bar and you will be logged in within seconds. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection in order to get the best possible experience.
Betonline Live Dealer Casino
There are 10 different live studios to experience while using BetOnline. Here you will be able to interact with a real dealer while playing your favorite games. There are five different varieties of live blackjack, two roulette, two baccarat, and two super 6. The casino is powered by high-quality webcam technology and broadcast from a real studio. You can also choose between low stakes or high stakes so it really caters for all types of players.
Banking Fees and Timeframes
Deposits are processed instantly by the casino but it’s worth noting that they charge a whopping 6% for card transactions. It’s unusual for a casino to charge this much and it’s quite disappointing as well. The minimum that you can deposit will vary between each banking method but the least is $10 for Neteller and Skrill, most of the others are around $50.
In terms of withdrawals, there seems to be a lot of charges no matter what method you use. Bank Wire will cost around $50, Bitcoin will cost you 2% of the total amount, a cheque is about $50 and Neteller is $20. The fastest way to get your money is from Bitcoin as it is transferred almost instantly. Skrill will take around 36 hours, Bank Wire can take up to 10 days and cheque will be between 7 -30 days. The minimum that you can withdraw is $20 for Bitcoin, rising to $500 for Bank Wire and Cheque. The maximum is $24,900 for Bank Wire while the rest are around $2,500.
Betonline Customer Support
It’s important that a casino is able to deliver quality customer support, and thankfully BetOnline does just that through its 24/7 help. The easiest way to speak to an advisor is probably through the live chat option in which someone will be assisting you within seconds.
Alternatively, if you click on the Contact Us button at the bottom of the homepage, you will be given an email address and a telephone number in which you can speak to somebody on. There is also an FAQ section and it’s probably a good idea to check if your question can be answered on there before seeking help from an advisor. If you see yourself as a bit of a social media whizz, then follow the casino on Facebook or Twitter where you will be able to keep up to date with the latest news and information, plus have the chance to direct message them from your account.